[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: Implementation / Specification Stability?

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:31:42 BST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ben Hood <0x6e6562 at gmail.com>
Date: Oct 23, 2007 7:43 AM
Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] Implementation / Specification Stability?
To: Landon Fuller <landonf at threerings.net>

Landon,

> Have you delved into security?  That's my next concern -- how to
> prevent a client/peer from reading requests off of the RPC service
> queue?

Check out the section on setting user permissions in the admin guide
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/admin-guide.html#set_permissions).

At the moment this is achieved using the rabbitmqctl command, but I
gather there may be plans to expose this management functionality via
AMQP itself (maybe Tony can correct me on this).

HTH,

Ben