[rabbitmq-discuss] heart_beat_kill_pid & no error logger present

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Oct 1 21:20:00 BST 2007

Joe,

joe lee wrote:
> [root at db1 rabbitmq]# /usr/sbin/rabbitmq-server
> heart_beat_kill_pid = 2799
> {"init terminating in
> do_boot",{undef,[{rabbit,start,[]},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}

It looks like Erlang fails to find the rabbit modules. Where did you
install the server, i.e. where is the rabbitmq_server-* directory? Our
installation instructions suggest you place it alongside the OTP modules
in /usr/lib/erlang/lib/ (or wherever Erlang/OTP has its modules on your
system).

Matthias.