[rabbitmq-discuss] Are there any public RabbitMQ feeds (e.g., delayed stock prices)?

David Pollak feeder.of.the.bears at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:12:16 GMT 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 4:51 AM, Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg at lshift.net> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> What kinds of feeds do you have in mind?

Ideally, some delayed financial feeds.  The demo we're currently noodling is
a stock portfolio tool that updates in real time.

> There is a publicly-available RabbitMQ server at dev.rabbitmq.com:5672 -
> and there are occasionally (!) one or more instances of the camstream
> capture program pushing video frames through some exchanges on that
> server... is that the kind of thing you're looking for?

Not really.  Those demos are definitely sexy.  But, we're looking for
something more text-based suitable for pushing to the client browser with
Comet (one of lift's strengths.)

Thanks,

David