[rabbitmq-discuss] Socket Exceptions

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Jul 30 20:09:32 BST 2007

James,

"James Wolstenholme" <jwolstenholme at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm in the early days of testing RabbitMQ and have been experiencing
> the symptoms described below when letting my sample applications run
> uninterrupted for 500,000 - 1,000,000 messages or so.

The errors you are getting indicate that both client and server are
timing out receiving data. This can be caused by extremely heavily
loaded clients or servers, preventing data from being processed in a
timely manner and heartbeat frames from being sent.

Try running everything just below maximum load, making sure that
producer, server and consumer always have a little bit of spare
capacity.

Another thing to try is reducing the frame size. In RabbitMQ 1.0.0 the
server must receive at least one complete frame inside the heartbeat
interval, or it will time out. That changes in the upcoming release - a
timeout will then only occur if no data has been transmitted at all
within a heartbeat interval.

Matthias.