[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ & QPid test suite

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Aug 16 08:08:26 BST 2007

Maximillian Dornseif wrote:
> I'm trying to use RabbitMQ (rabbitmq-server-1.1.0-alpha locally and
> the public test server) with QPid's Python test suite. But seemingly
> I do something wrong here since the tests are hanging. Any hints what
> happening here?

The 0-8 spec file that ships with the qpid test suite is not the same as
the one published by the AMQP working group.

If you download the 0-8 "AMQP class definitions (XML)" from
   http://www.amqp.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Download
and run the test suite with the "-s <spec-file>" option pointing to that
file then the tests go through.

A small number of tests fail because they test qpid-specific extensions,
but all the rest pass.

Regards,

Matthias.