[rabbitmq-discuss] Question about configs

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri May 30 17:28:45 BST 2014

On 30/05/2014 5:22PM, John Smith wrote:
> For good measure I tried creating a basic config file containing :
>
> "[{rabbit,
>    [{cluster_nodes, {['rabbit at ww3-ukc','rabbit at ww3-ukc-sby'], disc}}]}]."
>
> But all that does is cause rabbit to complain :
>

> /usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmqctl: 1: /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf: [{rabbit,: not found
> /usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmqctl: 2: /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf: [{cluster_nodes,: not found
>
> I'm guessing that's to do with the syntax of my config file ?  But I'm only following the simple example in the manual that says that one line is all that's needed "if this were the only field we needed to set".

Note that there are two config files - the main one
/etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config which is an Erlang term file which
contains things like the config you have above, and
/etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf which is a shell script which can set
environment variables.

So you have the right contents but the wrong name.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal