[rabbitmq-discuss] Mnesia for RMQ plugin

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 29 16:12:33 BST 2014

On 29/05/14 16:03, Mailinglist Recipient wrote:
> Anyway I did look into those RMQ tables and for example rabbit_vhost got
> emptied as well although virtual hosts don't need to be declared as
> durable to be persisted between restarts. The problem is probably
> somewhere else.

Yeah, rabbit_vhost is definitely a disc table. Note that not all tables
are on disc even on a cluster disc node - rabbit_durable_queue for
example is a disc table, but rabbit_queue is always in RAM.

For your own tables, check that the disc_copies property gets set when
adding the table. The default is for the table to be in RAM.

mnesia:table_info(TableName, disc_copies) will let you check.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal