[rabbitmq-discuss] CRITICAL:pika.connection:Attempted to send frame when closed

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue May 27 13:29:26 BST 2014

 On 27 May 2014 at 16:24:19, shilpa karkera (shilpa.karkera at finoux.com) wrote:
> > And the other queues also run well till some amount of time while
> the
> first queue gets this error and stops producing consuming. Consequently
> others follow to the same warning in some time.
> This is the only thing that comes up when a queue has gone dead:

These lines suggest your program opens multiple connections to RabbitMQ:
https://github.com/haridas/RabbitChat/blob/master/tornado_webapp/rabbit_chat.py#L54-56

is this the case? If so, then it's no surprise that some consumers continue to function
(if that's what "first queue gets this error and stops producing consuming" means): their
connections are open and fine.

> When i use PIka version: 0.9.13 This is the error:
>
> CRITICAL:pika.connection:Attempted to send frame when closed
>
> When I tried with 0.9.14 (latest 1 from the git): This is the error:
>
> Pika: Write buffer exceeded warning threshold at 555752 bytes
> and an
> estimated 6861 frames behind

The message says that it is *write* buffer that is behind
(presumably because connection is down). Or it may be a red herring,
I'd investigate other possible reasons first.

What's in RabbitMQ log?
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ