[rabbitmq-discuss] Error with SSL

Becker, Jeffrey jeffreyabecker at janney.com
Thu May 22 14:00:05 BST 2014

It seems as if I missed escaping a backslash on one of my paths.  I’ve changed them all over to forward slashes per your recommendation.  This doesn’t fix the issue but at least my error messages are different.
When I run the C# client I see the following exceptions:

None of the specified endpoints were reachable
    Inner Exception:
    A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.
        Inner Exception:
        The message received was unexpected or badly formatted

When I run openssl s_client I see:

    CONNECTED(00000003)
    depth=1 /CN=JanneyDevCA
    verify return:1
    depth=0 /CN=svcbus-app03-dv.dev.jmsonline.com/ST=PA/C=US/O=Janney, Montgomery, Scott LLC
    verify return:1
    3020:error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure:s3_pkt.c:1053:SSL alert number 40
    3020:error:140790E5:SSL routines:SSL23_WRITE:ssl handshake failure:s23_lib.c:188:

Either way the server log gets a message:
    =INFO REPORT==== 22-May-2014::08:42:20 ===
    accepting AMQP connection <0.327.0> (172.23.68.48:50220 -> 172.31.2.46:5671)

    =ERROR REPORT==== 22-May-2014::08:42:20 ===
    SSL: certify: ssl_handshake.erl:1358:Fatal error: handshake failure

    =ERROR REPORT==== 22-May-2014::08:42:25 ===
    error on AMQP connection <0.327.0>: {ssl_upgrade_error,{tls_alert,[104,97,110,100,115,104,97,107,101,32,102,97,105,108,117,114,101]}}...