[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMq client and AppDomain unload

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu May 22 12:21:52 BST 2014

On 22 May 2014 at 12:47:17, Michael Klishin (mklishin at gopivotal.com) wrote:
> > > but it won't be called if any foreground threads prevent domain
> > from unloading.
> > It would be nice if all threads created inside ConnectionBase
> > would have IsBackground set to true.
>
> Dmitry,
>
> Thanks for reminding, we have a bug filed for that.
> I will try to look into it sooner .

Right, so after some research, it appears that the conclusion for
both the .NET and Java client was that foreground threads make more sense.

For domain unloading, consider using AppDomain.DomainUnload:

and close RabbitMQ connection cleanly, which will terminate all internal threads.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ