[rabbitmq-discuss] Memory leak in STOMP connector or federation?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed May 21 15:03:46 BST 2014

On May 21, 2014, at 2:19 PM, Michael Klishin <mklishin at gopivotal.com> wrote:

> On 21 May 2014 at 17:03:37, Tomas Doran (bobtfish at bobtfish.net) wrote:
>>> Yes - the ‘binary’ section is what appears to be growing (I think
>> I initially attached a server_report.txt from a prod server
>> at the start of this thread where it had grown _massive_?)
>>
>> Another (from a VM as above, with a more modest leak) is attached:
>>
>> Initial Memory: 35 MB
>> Memory after 17 Hours running: 90 MB
>
> but only ~ 4 MB is used by binaries. Management DB uses ~ 23 MB, message
> index: 31 MB.
>
> (message index size depend on how many messages there are enqueued)
>
> I'm collecting memory breakdown by the hour, will plot once I have at least
> 5-6 data points.

Well dammit, I should have looked more closely before certifying this was my production leak.

I’m pretty sure that we’re _also_ leaking memory in this case somehow, but the symptom of the initial issue I was seeing was massive ‘binary’ memory use, but no (or very few) queued messages.

I’ll continue to dig into this further, thanks for all the help :)

Cheers
Tom