[rabbitmq-discuss] using autorecovery in case of broken connection

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Mon May 19 11:06:00 BST 2014

On 19 May 2014 at 13:06:33, Aiman Ashraf (kurtrips at gmail.com) wrote:
> > 1. The autorecovery code seemingly completely ignores the
> networkRecoveryInterval. In my log file, for the 1 minute that
> the connection is broken, the file grows to 1.5 GB. The following
> error is constantly repeated.
> > > Caught an exception during connection recovery!
> > > java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable

It's true that network recovery interval is currently used

 * Before attempting the recovery
 * Between recovery attempts that throw ConnectException

Perhaps it should be the case for SocketExceptions (and, by extension, IOExceptions).

> 2. Finally when I do switch my router on, the network recovery
> does not work. I get this in my log file.
> > > Caught an exception when recovering topology Caught an exception
> while recovering queue 8923yrbk

Unfortunately, it's not possible to tell what may be going on from this message.

Define a custom exception handler that overrides handleConnectionRecoveryException
and inspects the cause. Also, see what may be in RabbitMQ log.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ