[rabbitmq-discuss] Memory leak in STOMP connector or federation?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Fri May 16 23:53:53 BST 2014

On May 16, 2014, at 11:40 PM, Matthias Radestock <matthias at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> On 16/05/14 23:09, Tomas Doran wrote:
>> I then restarted rabbitmq_stomp, and bingo - memory use has dropped
>> to 225Mb (at the penalty of having bounced ~400 clients).
>>
>> So I assume that this indicates the STOMP adaptor is somehow leaking
>> memory?
>
> Are these connections very long-lived and publish to / consume from lots of queue destinations? iirc one of the Erlang processes associated with a stomp connection keeps a set of all queue names it has ever encountered so it can avoid (re)declaring queues.

The connections are (or at least can be) very long lived. I can/will try resetting all TCP connections to the broker though (tomorrow) and see if that causes the memory use to decrease...

However I’m guessing not, as no re queues - it’s all mcollective, so there is a persistent server process that listens to client messages:

all messages to a ‘broadcast’ queue
messages with a specific routing key to a ‘direct’ queue

and replies to a specific ‘replies’ queue that the client uses it’s name as a routing key on.

Clients are short lived..

Cheers
Tom