[rabbitmq-discuss] Phantom consumers

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri May 16 10:52:30 BST 2014

On 15/05/14 21:35, Sam Morrison wrote:
> On 15 May 2014, at 11:28 am, Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
>
>> On 15/05/14 16:08, Sam Morrison wrote:
>>> The connection exists in the rabbit management interface but when
>>> doing something like an “lsof -i” on the servers and clients I can’t
>>> see any connection with that port number. Is that correct?
>>
>> Is the connection blocked?
>
> Do you mean via a firewall or iptables etc? There are no firewalls etc. in the way.

No, I meant does the connection show as having status "blocked" in
rabbitmqctl / management. If the memory or disk alarm has gone off then
connections do not read from their sockets, and then it is impossible
for them to detect that the underlying TCP connection has gone away
(until the memory alarm clears anyway).

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen