[rabbitmq-discuss] restrict user to create bindings but not queues

PATAR, SAGAR sp345s at att.com
Thu May 15 13:19:48 BST 2014

Hi ..

We have a requirement where we need to control access to user so he can create few number of bindings and  queues ..

We have 2 options ..

1)      Create an user a separate exchange and give him  configure/write/read access on it so he can create  queues and bindings dynamically ... we wanted to check if we can restrict an user to create only certain no. of queues and bindings ..say 1 queue and 10 bindings ... Not sure how to do it..

2)      Second approach is to create a queue and to create dynamic binding looks like we need to give configure/write/read permissions on the queue and exchange  ... which will allow him to create queues...Can we give access so he can just create bindings and not queues??

Appreciate all your help