[rabbitmq-discuss] simple query

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed May 14 10:28:40 BST 2014

On 14/05/14 09:53, varun kumar manik wrote:
> Plz let me know the detail that how we could plot the graph like  the
>  attached image.

I assume you mean "How do I obtain the raw data for the chart so I can
draw it?" rather than "How does the management UI draw charts?"

You can get this data from the HTTP API as documented here:

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-management/raw-file/4d126a7382d7/priv/www/api/index.html

Note in particular the paragraph:

> URIs which return some forms of numerical data (such as message rates
> and queue lengths) can return historical samples. To return samples
> you need to set an age and an increment for the samples you want. The
> end of the range returned will always correspond to the present. Use
> msg_rates_age and msg_rates_incr to return samples for messages sent
> and received, data_rates_age and data_rates_incr to return samples
> for bytes sent and received, and lengths_age and lengths_incr to
> return samples for queue lengths. For example, appending
> ?lengths_age=3600&lengths_incr=60 will return the last hour's data on
> queue lengths, with a sample for every minute.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal