[rabbitmq-discuss] LDAP SSL Configuration

Mark Soderquist SoderquistMV at ldschurch.org
Mon May 12 21:59:11 BST 2014

I'm attempting to connect to our LDAP server over SSL instead of plain sockets. The plain socket configuration works but simply enabling the use_ssl flag and changing the port does not appear to be enough. What else is required to connect to an LDAP server using SSL?

Here is my configuration:
  {rabbitmq_auth_backend_ldap,
    [ {servers,               ["ldschurch.org"]},

      %% Options removed for security

      {use_ssl,               true},
      {port,                  636},
      {log,                   true}
    ]
  }

The log simply reports a connection failure:
=INFO REPORT==== 12-May-2014::14:28:41 ===
    LDAP connect error: {error,"connect failed"}

I do not expect to need to create a certificate since my LDAP server does not do client certificate verification. What am I missing?

Mark