[rabbitmq-discuss] Cluster problem after network bouncing

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon May 12 10:27:31 BST 2014

On 09/05/2014 20:18, Leonardo N. S. Pereira wrote:
> I'm bouncing the network connection between two nodes, for instance C
> and B, in the way that:
> - A: can reach C and B
> - C: can reach A
> - B can reach A
> In this case, the cluster get stuck and only recovers when all nodes are
> restarted.
> Is it an expected behavior?

We don't deal very well with partial partitions in general, and in this
specific case it's unclear what pause_minority even *could* do. In this
partial partition all three nodes think that they are in the majority -
so pause_minority mode has nothing to do. So I'm afraid this is
expected, yes.

Cheers, Simon