[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue consumers deployment and monitoring

Jason McIntosh mcintoshj at gmail.com
Fri May 2 14:55:10 BST 2014

Oh some other things I've seen on consumer processes:

We have standard libraries to do the "main" method kinda stuff.  We
actually build RPM's to install consumers on dedicated rabbit consumer
servers.  You could just as easily though deploy to a web container as war
files with the init for the war setup to startup the consumers (gives you
benefits like connection pooling, but adds complexities too).  Monitoring
that consumer and how it's running is a more complicated question - on a
Java system, look at JMX.  I'd highly recommend the servo libraries by
Netflix to make JMX monitoring easy.

Thinking of JMX, I think I'm going to play with some of the Rabbit
libraries and see if I build a patch to add some of those JMX metrics.
 Good project for my spare time!  But you could add this stuff to your
consumer code independent of the core rabbit libraries.

Jason

--
Jason McIntosh