[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ LDAP Configuration

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri May 2 09:03:05 BST 2014

On 01/05/2014 20:04, Mark Soderquist wrote:
> We are
> required to authenticate using the svc-ldap account before making
> queries.

Just to be clear, are you saying that you want to bind first with
svc-ldap to look up a user's DN, before binding with their credentials
(which is supported) or that you want to only ever bind with svc-ldap
and never with the user's creds (which is not)?

> We have tried several different configuration options but
> nothing has worked so far. Here is the configuration we thought most
> likely to work:

<snip>

If you are going for the former choice, that should work. However, from
your log it looks like dn_lookup_bind is being ignored. dn_lookup_bind
is new in RabbitMQ 3.3.0, so are you using an earlier version?

Cheers, Simon