[rabbitmq-discuss] priority field in web-management generated messages

Gotthard, Petr Petr.Gotthard at Honeywell.com
Thu May 1 21:14:02 BST 2014

Hello,

I've been reading the README file for the emerging priority-queue (quite exciting!) and found this statememt:

* The message `priority` field is defined as an unsigned byte, so in practice priorities should be between 0 and 255.

However, when a message is sent from the rabbitmq-management website, the priority property is encoded as a binary string. I thought the priority is a number 0-9 encoded as binary (e.g. <<"0">>), but if it's a byte (0-255), then it should be encoded as <<0>> instead. This is probably the correct behavior, but in such case the management plugin encodes the priority property incorrectly (I guess).

Regards,
Petr