[rabbitmq-discuss] Custom load balancing among consumers?

Otávio Leitão leitao.otavio at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 00:48:28 BST 2014

Hello,

I'm looking for a way of customizing the load balancing strategy used to
deliver messages from queues to consumers. Is there a way of doing this?

In my case, I have messages with a "type" attribute and I want to deliver
messages based on this attribute. For example, if I have a queue with the
following messages (in order):

#1: msg-type1
#2: msg-type1
#3: msg-type2
#4: msg-type3
#5: msg-type2

I want them to be delivered and processed in the following order:
#1: msg-type1
#3: msg-type2
#4: msg-type3
#2: msg-type1
#5: msg-type2

I'ts a round-robin strategy among message "type" attribute.

Does anyone have a solution for that?

Thanks in advance.

Otávio.