[rabbitmq-discuss] Spring amqp - auto acknowledge from consumer taking almost a minute

Gary Russell grussell at gopivotal.com
Fri Mar 28 20:56:55 GMT 2014

Your requirements seem to be a little unusual - you want the consumer to
ack as soon as you get the message but before the processing completes.

What if your consumer dies right after it acks - you'll still lose the
message in that case.

If you don't care about that situation, simply hand off the task to another
thread in your listener and the container will ack the message right after
the handoff (with ackmode AUTO).

What is the objection to it being "unacked" until the consumer completes
the work?

Gary