[rabbitmq-discuss] Spring amqp - auto acknowledge from consumer taking almost a minute

Anita Yip Anita.Yip at RealPage.com
Fri Mar 28 06:05:10 GMT 2014

When I set acknowledge to none in spring configuration file, in the rabbit management UI, under Queues --> message rates chart, I see all the messages falling under "Deliver (noack)". Doesn't this mean that RabbitMq is not expecting/processing any acknowledgements from the consumer?

From: Anita Yip <Anita.Yip at RealPage.com<mailto:Anita.Yip at RealPage.com>>
Date: Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:06 PM
To: Discussions about RabbitMQ <rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com<mailto:rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com>>
Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] Spring amqp - auto acknowledge from consumer taking almost a minute

Thanks for the quick response. That is exactly what I am facing right now. Will try the ack mode to None. Thank you.

From: Gary Russell <grussell at gopivotal.com<mailto:grussell at gopivotal.com>>
Date: Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:53 PM
To: Discussions about RabbitMQ <rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com<mailto:rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com>>

Yes; that assumption is wrong; in Spring-AMQP, ack mode AUTO means the container will automatically ack the message on completion. NONE is the equivalent of rabbit auto-ack.

Be aware that this can cause OOM issues with spring-AMQP versions prior to 1.3.0, if the consumers can't keep up with the workload because the broker will keep pumping messages to the client.

Gary