[rabbitmq-discuss] Transactions and duplicate

lepolac lepolac at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 19:05:18 GMT 2014

Thanks for your reply.

But in the case of a commit() call that has returned, and assuming it is
synchronous and waits for the broker's tx-ok before returning, the message
shouldn't be in flight anymore right ?

I'm not talking about a crash during a commit(), in which case I understand
there's absolutely no guarantee whatsoever.

However, if the broker fails after my commit() call has returned, to me this
sounds like the transaction I submitted has been performed.

The doc reads "On the consuming side, the acknowledgements are
transactional,"
If the ack is transactional, then how can the client get a duplicate ?
If the client calls basicAck(), then commit(), what happens exactly ?

I understand rabbitmq transactions aren't pure XA ones and that I should
expect thinner guarantees, but just trying to understand the behavior here.