[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ windows service says it's started when it isn't ready

Mat Burton matburton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 20:23:56 GMT 2014

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the quick response

We use our message bus to report diagnostic data which means option 3 isn't
really an option.
We wouldn't know when a service somewhere was started but dead in the water
until our monitoring system noticed a lack of activity later.
Worse we could miss real error reports etc because we'd have no where to
send them if we started without a stable connection.

I guess we'll have to use option 2 and leave our services in a starting
state until they manage to connect to RabbitMQ.
I believe a service can request an additional minute of starting time
upfront, which should be sufficient in most cases.

Many thanks,
Mat B