[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ heartbeat configuration

John Butler john.butler at quantumretail.com
Thu Mar 20 18:26:40 GMT 2014

Hello,

I have a question regarding enabling RabbitMQ heartbeats on a Windows OS
environment.

RabbitMQ version:
** amqp_client-2.8.6*
** mochiweb-2.3.1-rmq2.8.6-gitd541e9a*
** rabbitmq_management-2.8.6*
** rabbitmq_management_agent-2.8.6*

>From what I have found in my research, enabling RabbitMQ heartbeats is done
via the rabbitmq.conf file.  However, I found the statement below on
https://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html:

"If rabbitmq-env.conf doesn't exist, it can be created manually in the
default location only. It is not used on Windows systems."

I also found documentation that states otherwise.  At this point, I'm
curious if heartbeats can be enabled in RabbitMQ on a Windows environment?

Thanks,
JB