[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ C# client

S. Doug Hunt sdh at conix.com
Tue Mar 18 15:12:13 GMT 2014

Ran into an interesting issue with the client.

The scenario is this:

We create a queue when a review operator first opens a unit of work.   Other
operators can open the same unit of work, but obviously we do not want to
add items to the queue from the database for subsequent operators.    So -
the first thing we do is use the QueueDeclarePassive(queuename) method in a
try-catch.

So - for the first operator fails with the error that the queue was not
found.   We then attempt to use the QueueDeclare method to create the queue,
however it then fails with the same error.

I suspect that the QueueDeclarePassive method may have set the passive bit -
and the client is not resetting it after failing so that the subsequent call
also is acting like a passive call.

We do have a work around - which is to reset our model object - but would be
nice if the client handled this, either by re-implementing the QueueDeclare
with the passive bit, allowing us to set it - or by making the public
QueueDeclare method force the bit to false.

S. Douglas Hunt | Software Engineer

Voice  (734) 461-1420 | Fax (305) 675-2448

 <http://www.conix.com/> CONIX Systems, Inc

Safeguarding Payments

This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed, and may contain information that constitutes a copyright,
patent, trade secret or confidential information of CONIX Systems, Inc., or
is otherwise privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that the dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by electronic mail
and delete the original message and destroy any hard copies made thereof.