[rabbitmq-discuss] Issues with RabbitMQ, SSL and .NET

Yoda Meng yodameng at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 13:08:00 GMT 2014

Hi Alex.
I follow and read through the thread carefully because I ran into almost
exactly the same problem when trying to use SSL to authenticate my .NET
client. Both broker and client sit on the same machine. The only advertised
working example
in http://blog.johnruiz.com/2011/12/establishing-ssl-connection-to-rabbitmq.html
does not work for me for some reason.

So I follow all the suggested route and start up s_server and ran my .net
client to it as suggested. this is what I got:
openssl s_server -accept 5671 -cert SSLserver/cert.pem -key
SSLserver/key.pem \
>   -CAfile SSLCA/cacert.pem
Using default temp DH parameters
Using default temp ECDH parameters
ACCEPT
-----BEGIN SSL SESSION PARAMETERS-----
MHUCAQECAgMABAIABQQg2uALybqAbk6tXfkSN/Pypg4kqeosku2CdlyFiQj9gGcE
MI0tXD4TyV/YWyqUB8gTnOc/Scx3hLJYG1dxGbDalzDg/Vz9BOSGBqfkvCYAERLq
CKEGAgRTIvxuogQCAgEspAYEBAEAAAA=
-----END SSL SESSION PARAMETERS-----
Shared ciphers:RC4-SHA:DES-CBC3-SHA:EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA:RC4-MD5
CIPHER is RC4-SHA
Secure Renegotiation IS supported
AMQP    ERROR
shutting down SSL
CONNECTION CLOSED
ACCEPT

and the .NET errors displays:

None of the specified endpoints were reachable
Endpoints attempted:
endpoint=amqp-0-9://MM181938-PC:5671, attempts=1
RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.ProtocolVersionMismatchException: AMQP server
protoc
l negotiation failure: server version unknown-unknown, client version 0-9
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase.StartAndTune()
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Framing.Impl.v0_9_1.Connection.Open(Boolean insist)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase..ctor(ConnectionFactory factory,
Bool
an insist, IFrameHandler frameHandler)
   at
RabbitMQ.Client.Framing.Impl.v0_9_1.Connection..ctor(ConnectionFactory fa
tory, Boolean insist, IFrameHandler frameHandler)
   at
RabbitMQ.Client.Framing.Impl.v0_9_1.ProtocolBase.CreateConnection(Connect
onFactory factory, Boolean insist, IFrameHandler frameHandler)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.FollowRedirectChain(Int32
maxRedirects,
IDictionary`2 connectionAttempts, IDictionary`2 connectionErrors,
AmqpTcpEndpoi
t[]& mostRecentKnownHosts, AmqpTcpEndpoint endpoint)
Stack trace:
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(Int32 maxRedirects)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection()
   at RabbitSslTest.Program.Start() in c:\Users\meng\Documents\Visual
Studio 20
2\Projects\testCert\testCert\Program.cs:line 59

please help.
Yours,
yoda