[rabbitmq-discuss] Is there a formal AMQP compliance test suite (for developers of client libraries)?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 14 08:29:19 GMT 2014

On 14/03/14 08:13, Michael Klishin wrote:

> <mailto:michael.justin at gmx.net>>:
>
>     AMQP 0.9.x and 1.0 however seem to be quite complex compared with
>     STOMP. I could start with a subset of the AMQP protocol (leaving out
>     optional parts of the specification), use existing unit tests for
>     RabbitMQ client libraries as a starting point, and test against
>     various AMQP implementations.
>
>     Maybe there is some testing code available on the web for the
>     automated verification of AMQP client standard compliance?
>

> Nothing that I'm aware of. Use client test suites, primarily RabbitMQ
> Java client and Bunny.

The OP is asking how to test a *client* for compliance.

There is no test suite available for AMQP clients. AMQP is a primarily
client-driven protocol, i.e. stuff happens because the client did
something. There is no portable way for a test suite to drive a client
and make it do something since, by definition, clients are written in
all kinds of different languages, make different choices as to what APIs
to present to developers, etc

Matthias.