[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Message Sequence Guarantee

Ali Najafizadeh a.najafizadeh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 18:19:43 GMT 2014

I have a question about one of my project

So now, let me describe the scenario. I have n number of queues which
subscribed to topic1. Now my question is if I publish 3 messages in
sequence, which are shown as 1, 2 and 3 into broker called Exchange, will
rabbitmq Guarantee the sequence of those messages in all queues?

The only thing that I found was in rabbitmq documentation Message ordering
guarantees [http://www.rabbitmq.com/semantics.html]

which was taking about the following:

Section 4.7 of the AMQP 0-9-1 core specification explains the conditions
under which ordering is guaranteed: messages published in one channel,
passing through one exchange and one queue and one outgoing channel will be
received in the same order that they were sent. RabbitMQ offers stronger
guarantees since release 2.7.0.

So can anyone help me out and point me to the right doc or example that
shows whether it is guaranteed or not?

For more info, here's the full details

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22387275/rabbitmq-message-sequence-guarantee

Thanks