[rabbitmq-discuss] System.OutOfMemoryException

Phil Marino philmar70 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 17:07:02 GMT 2014

Hi - we're running RabbitMQ 3.1.3 on Windows Server 2008 R2, using the .Net
Rabbit client library.

We're troubleshooting a distributed transaction problem involving Oracle.
But when this problem happens, we also see thes from Rabbit:

2014-03-13 12:27:12,706 [1237] ERROR Services.Messaging.MessageService ::
(null) > MessageTransaction.Prepared Failed: None of the specified
endpoints were reachable
Endpoints attempted:
endpoint=amqp-0-9://localhost:5672, attempts=1
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type
'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal(IPrincipal principal,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Threading.Thread.Start(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Threading.Thread.Start()
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase.StartMainLoop()
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase..ctor(ConnectionFactory factory,
Boolean insist, IFrameHandler frameHandler)
   at
RabbitMQ.Client.Framing.Impl.v0_9_1.ProtocolBase.CreateConnection(ConnectionFactory
factory, Boolean insist, IFrameHandler frameHandler)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.FollowRedirectChain(Int32
maxRedirects, IDictionary connectionAttempts, IDictionary connectionErrors,
AmqpTcpEndpoint[]& mostRecentKnownHosts, AmqpTcpEndpoint endpoint)
Stack trace:
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(Int32 maxRedirects)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection()
   at
Services.Messaging.MessageService.MessageTransaction.Prepare(PreparingEnlistment
preparingEnlistment) in
h:\wbuildda04_agent11\work\b331189cb185f77c\Services.Messaging\MessageService.svc.cs:line
208

and

2014-03-13 12:27:12,722 [1237] ERROR
System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.DiagnosticTrace :: TraceEvent >
<TraceRecord xmlns="
http://schemas.microsoft.com/2004/10/E2ETraceEvent/TraceRecord"
Severity="Error"><TraceIdentifier>http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.TraceHandledException.aspx</TraceIdentifier><Description>Handling
an
exception.</Description><AppDomain>/LM/W3SVC/3/ROOT/services.messaging1.0-1-130391077949327736</AppDomain><Exception><ExceptionType>System.Transactions.TransactionAbortedException,
System.Transactions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</ExceptionType><Message>The transaction has
aborted.</Message><StackTrace>   at
System.Transactions.TransactionStateAborted.EndCommit(InternalTransaction
tx)
   at System.Transactions.CommittableTransaction.Commit()
   at
System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.TransactionInstanceContextFacet.Complete(Transaction
transaction, Exception
error)</StackTrace><ExceptionString>System.Transactions.TransactionAbortedException:
The transaction has aborted. ---&gt;
RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.BrokerUnreachableException: None of the
specified endpoints were reachable
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(Int32 maxRedirects)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection()
   at
Services.Messaging.MessageService.MessageTransaction.Prepare(PreparingEnlistment
preparingEnlistment) in
h:\wbuildda04_agent11\work\b331189cb185f77c\Services.Messaging\MessageService.svc.cs:line
208
   at
System.Transactions.TransactionStateAborted.EndCommit(InternalTransaction
tx)
   at System.Transactions.CommittableTransaction.Commit()
   at
System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.TransactionInstanceContextFacet.Complete(Transaction
transaction, Exception
error)</ExceptionString><InnerException><ExceptionType>RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.BrokerUnreachableException,
RabbitMQ.Client, Version=2.8.7.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=89e7d7c5feba84ce</ExceptionType><Message>None of the
specified endpoints were reachable</Message><StackTrace>   at
RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(Int32 maxRedirects)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection()
   at
Services.Messaging.MessageService.MessageTransaction.Prepare(PreparingEnlistment
preparingEnlistment) in
h:\wbuildda04_agent11\work\b331189cb185f77c\Services.Messaging\MessageService.svc.cs:line
208</StackTrace><ExceptionString>None of the specified endpoints were
reachable
Endpoints attempted:
endpoint=amqp-0-9://localhost:5672, attempts=1
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type
'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal(IPrincipal principal,
StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)
   at System.Threading.Thread.Start(StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)
   at System.Threading.Thread.Start()
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase.StartMainLoop()
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase..ctor(ConnectionFactory factory,
Boolean insist, IFrameHandler frameHandler)
   at
RabbitMQ.Client.Framing.Impl.v0_9_1.ProtocolBase.CreateConnection(ConnectionFactory
factory, Boolean insist, IFrameHandler frameHandler)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.FollowRedirectChain(Int32
maxRedirects, IDictionary connectionAttempts, IDictionary connectionErrors,
AmqpTcpEndpoint[]&amp; mostRecentKnownHosts, AmqpTcpEndpoint endpoint)
Stack trace:
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(Int32 maxRedirects)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection()
   at
Services.Messaging.MessageService.MessageTransaction.Prepare(PreparingEnlistment
preparingEnlistment) in
h:\wbuildda04_agent11\work\b331189cb185f77c\Services.Messaging\MessageService.svc.cs:line
208</ExceptionString><DataItems><Data><Key>amqp-0-9://localhost:5672</Key><Value>System.OutOfMemoryException:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal(IPrincipal principal,
StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)
   at System.Threading.Thread.Start(StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)
   at System.Threading.Thread.Start()
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase.StartMainLoop()
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase..ctor(ConnectionFactory factory,
Boolean insist, IFrameHandler frameHandler)
   at
RabbitMQ.Client.Framing.Impl.v0_9_1.ProtocolBase.CreateConnection(ConnectionFactory
factory, Boolean insist, IFrameHandler frameHandler)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.FollowRedirectChain(Int32
maxRedirects, IDictionary connectionAttempts, IDictionary connectionErrors,
AmqpTcpEndpoint[]&amp; mostRecentKnownHosts, AmqpTcpEndpoint
endpoint)</Value></Data></DataItems></InnerException></Exception></TraceRecord>

I will say that the server appears to have plenty of RAM available.
I'm sure that I don't have enough information to identify what's happening,
so one question I have is: what else do I need?

It looks like we're trying to enlist in an aborted transaction, but I'm not
sure why the Out Of Memory exception is thrown.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Phil