[rabbitmq-discuss] Older versions not available in apt repository.

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 13 10:14:57 GMT 2014

On 12/03/2014 12:45, Chris Nicel wrote:
> I’m attempting to install a non production cluster for some testing. We
> are using 3.1.5 but this version doesn’t seem to be available from your
> apt repository @
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/debian/dists/testing/main/binary-amd64/ I need
> to install the same version as we have in production and would prefer to
> use  our standard approach for installing using apt-get install.

I'm afraid that's not possible. The apt repository is build from scratch
at every release. Yeah, that's not ideal.

> I am
> reasonably sure that I was able to do this previously and install older
> versions, has something changed at your end?

No, that's how it's always been.

> Alternatively, is there
> another repository I could use which holds older versions?

The versions that make it into the Debian repos proper are almost
identical to the ones we release, but our repo will tend to be a bit
ahead of Debian.

Alternatively you can download old releases in .deb format from
http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/. But of course that's
no apt repository.

Cheers, Simon