[rabbitmq-discuss] Beginner Question.

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Mar 12 08:27:34 GMT 2014

On 12 March 2014 at 11:34:28, ratheesh kannoth (ratheesh.ksz at gmail.com) wrote:
> > So if i do choose "durability" ; i will also be stored in disk (
> after some time ). This means there is a chance for wear and tear
> if i
> use flash or hard disk a lot ( if messages get queued often )

 RabbitMQ’s storage subsystem does
not exhibit any unusual I/O patterns and should not cause solid state drives
to wear out any faster than they do with, say, various databases.

> >> Suppose i want to use rabbit mq for a commercial product in which
> >> whole code base is on C. what do you suggest ?
> >
> > Try librabbitmq-c, if you don't like it, try MQTT and STOMP C
> clients. RabbitMQ is multi-protocol:
>
> which is good and reliable in these three ? Do you have any data
> showing comparison between these. ?

Both MQTT and STOMP are included in RabbitMQ and Pivotal RabbitMQ distributions
and are not considered experimental plugins. Both are officially
supported.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ