[rabbitmq-discuss] Beginner Question.

ratheesh kannoth ratheesh.ksz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 06:41:03 GMT 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Michael Klishin
<mklishin at gopivotal.com> wrote:
> Use durable queues and publish messages as persistent. Make sure your
> apps can recover (reconnect, open new channels, possibly re-declare
> exchanges/queues/bindings/consumers needed) from RabbitMQ node
> restart.
>
> Running RabbitMQ alongside an app is generally fine, just make sure there
> is no heavy contention for system resources (CPU, RAM, disk and network I/O)
> and that other apps can connect to the node.

1. Suppose there is process X running along with rabbitMq server. X
causes memory leak and linux oom killer
picks randomly rabiitmq broker  and kills it.

2. Suppose process X  does an ioctl and mess with kernel. And causes
kernel panic. Suppose node restart after panic.

3. Suppose i send  "Kill -9" to rabbitmq broker/

How durable queues achieve  durability of messages in these scenarios-
because these events are asynchronous to rabbit  mq and cannot run  a
graceful shutdown on these cases. ?

>> 3. How is rabbitmq C is  well tested ? or it is in development phase.
>> I could see a lot of examples on java etc. But in C , it is limited.?
>
> librabbitmq-c has been around for a while. It is much more low level than
> the Java client and is not officially supported but maintained by a community member
> nonetheless.
>
> MK
>
> Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ

Suppose  i want to use rabbit mq for a commercial product  in which
whole code base is on C. what do you suggest ?