[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ HA master/slave performance

mlabarinas marianogabriel at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 9 18:33:16 GMT 2014

Hi

I have a cluster with 5 nodes and sixty queues with HA enable with this
configuration:

ha-mode: exactly
ha-params: 3

each queue is on 3 nodes of my cluster. I recently had an accident with my
cluster (for network problems) and when my cluster came back to life all the
queue had taken the same master. I want to know if is better in terms of
performance have the queues distributed in different masters (I guess so)
instead of having them all on the same. I understand that the master
performs many tasks more than slaves.

Thanks.