[rabbitmq-discuss] OOM kill

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 7 17:49:10 GMT 2014

On 07/03/2014 5:43PM, Jason McIntosh wrote:
> As I recall, the memory limit doesn't prevent rabbit from using more
> memory, it's the point at which it stops accepting new connections.  It
> would still allow existing connections to flood the system:

It's the other way round.

"Block connections" means "prevent existing and new connections from
publishing", *not* "refuse to accept new connections".

Because, as noted in my other mail, you could be establishing a
connection to consume messages - and we don't want to discourage that!

But as Dmitry is finding out, memory use can still increase for other
reasons.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen