[rabbitmq-discuss] Federation chokes on load

Patrik Ring patrik.ring at bloglovin.com
Tue Mar 4 22:06:35 GMT 2014

Rabbit version in use is: RabbitMQ 3.2.1, Erlang R14B04

rabbitmqctl report on
upstream: http://pastebin.com/PNqTziGk
"slave" server: http://pastebin.com/4L6JFsiW

*I have this in the exchanges list on the upstream:*

 federation: users -> rabbit at rabbit3.c.rabbit-magic.internal
B<http://rabbit1:15672/#/exchanges/%2F/federation%3A%20users%20-%3E%20rabbit%40rabbit3.c.rabbit-magic.internal%20B>
x-federation-upstream ha-all D AD I Args

And this i the queues list:

 federation: users ->
rabbit at rabbit3.c.rabbit-magic.internal<http://rabbit1:15672/#/queues/%2F/federation%3A%20users%20-%3E%20rabbit%40rabbit3.c.rabbit-magic.internal>
rabbit at util1 +1  Exp D Args
*For the slave:*

*Nothing.* Except on channels, where I find this:

 <rabbit at rabbit3.3.237.0>
(1)<http://162.222.179.163:15672/#/channels/%3Crabbit%40rabbit3.3.237.0%3E%20(1)>federation

Feel like we might be on to something?

How do I set this up?

As a side note: The queues and exchanges on the upstream might still be
there since when we tried making it run both ways, not sure about this. We
do however have the federation status on the SLAVE, and according to that
it's up and running.

Best regards
Patrik Ring

Co-founder and CTO of Bloglovin.com