[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to establish MQTT plugin in rabbitmq version : 3.1.3.

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Fri Jun 27 07:24:35 BST 2014

On 27 June 2014 at 10:15:20, Ankur5 C (ankur5.c at tcs.com) wrote:
> > I can connect to MQTT port 1883 over no SSL but I doubt how the MQTT
> ssl can be accessed ?
>
> The ssl port registered for MQTT against rabbitmq is 8883 .
>
> Should not there be something in the log that MQTT ssl has started
> listening on port 8883?
>
> Please clarify . Also please let me know how I can verify using
> a client by which one can connect rabbitmq MQTT ssl.

You choose the port using ssl_listeners (see Plugin Configuration on
http://www.rabbitmq.com/mqtt.html, and specify the port you want
instead of an empty list).

MQTT with SSL port is typically 8883 (this is mentioned in our docs)
but it can be any port you want.
It is *not* common to use MQTT with SSL on port 1883, unless you must
disable non-SSL connections entirely.

You can verify SSL connectivity using openssl s_client or an MQTT
client that makes it easy to configure SSL. See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/troubleshooting-ssl.html.
--
MK