[rabbitmq-discuss] How to configure exchange + queue so that messages get removed after the last consumer retrieves the message.

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Jun 26 04:53:30 BST 2014

On 26 June 2014 at 07:47:00, Ye Wang (ye.wang.at.bookspan at gmail.com) wrote:
> > I am a newbie to RabbitMQ and AMQP protocol. Is that that even
> possible? I noticed that there is a message TTL I can play with
> but if the message can be removed in the queue when all the consumers
> retrieved the message, that will be great.

A single message is never delivered to multiple consumers. Messages are distributed
at *routing* stage (exchange => one or more queues), not delivery. See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/amqp-concepts.html.

 So sounds like what you want is a fanout exchange, one queue per consumer
with auto-delete attribute set to true.

By the way, RabbitMQ mailing list has a new home:
https://groups.google.com/group/rabbitmq-users

Please post your future questions and bug reports there :)
--
MK