[rabbitmq-discuss] MQTT client queues are not persistent

Andrew Varnon avarnon at rightpoint.com
Mon Jun 23 20:51:01 BST 2014

Dear RabbitMQ Community,

We are using RabbitMQ with the MQTT plugin and are having issues with MQTT subscriber queues. A queue is created when our client application subscribes to a topic over MQTT but the auto-delete flag is set to true. Furthermore, if I manually create the client queue through the GUI and add a topic binding the auto-delete flag is toggled when the client connects. I have looked through our client libraries and in the MQTT plug-in's config documentation but I see no way to set auto-delete. We require that our MQTT client subscriber queues and topics persist across connects and disconnects.

Is there a way to configure our queues to maintain an auto-delete: false setting even when an MQTT client connects or to have the MQTT subscriptions create a queue with auto-delete: false?

Sincerely,

- -
Andrew Varnon
avarnon at rightpoint.com<mailto:avarnon at rightpoint.com>
312.462.9924 Direct

[unknown.png]

29 North Wacker Drive, 4th Floor | Chicago, Illinois 60606
312.920.8383 Office | 312.920.8384 Fax | rightpoint.com

[Pasted Graphic 7.tiff]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/202545?trk=vsrp_companies_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A309930471377292377432%2CVSRPtargetId%3A202545%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary>  [Pasted Graphic 8.tiff] <https://twitter.com/rightpoint>   [Pasted Graphic 9.tiff] <https://www.facebook.com/rightpointfan>

[cid:image005.png at 01CF21A2.444784B0]<http://www.rightpoint.com/thinking-doing/news/forbes-names-rightpoint-one-of-the-most-promising-companies-in-america>