[rabbitmq-discuss] New clustering format confusion

Kenneth Loafman kenneth.loafman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 18:18:54 BST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to set up rabbitmq.config to automatically cluster, however, an
error message shows up and startup fails.

>From the node forge-d1, I'm getting:

Converting legacy 'cluster_nodes' configuration
    [['rabbit at forge-m1','rabbit at forge-d2'],disc]
    {[['rabbit at forge-m1','rabbit at forge-d2'],disc],ram}.

Please update the configuration to the new format {Nodes, NodeType}, where
Nodes contains the nodes that the node will try to cluster with, and
NodeType is either 'disc' or 'ram'

As far as I can tell from the verbiage above, my config was in the correct
format.  It has Nodes == ['rabbit at forge-m1','rabbit at forge-d2'] and NodeType
== disc, which is correct.  forge-d1 is supposed to cluster with forge-m1
and forge-d2, the other two nodes in the cluster.  What's with the ",ram"
at the end?  forge-d1 is specified as a disc node in NodeType.  I'm getting
similar issues on the other configs:

forge-m1:
            {cluster_nodes, {
                [
                'rabbit at forge-d1','rabbit at forge-d2'
                ],
                ram
            }}

forge-d1:
            {cluster_nodes, {
                [
                'rabbit at forge-m1','rabbit at forge-d2'
                ],
                disc
            }}
       ]}

forge-d2:
          {cluster_nodes, {
                [
                'rabbit at forge-m1','rabbit at forge-d1'
                ],
                disc
            }}
       ]}

So, what's the error with the new format?  How should I correct this?

...Thanks,
...Ken