[rabbitmq-discuss] mazy behavior of rabbitmq-c in same ip case

Rohit Patle Rohit.Patle at techmahindra.com
Thu Jun 19 13:29:50 BST 2014

Hi Michael,

Is there any clue on below issue.

Thanks,
Rohit

From: Rohit Patle
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 11:58 AM
To: Michael Klishin
Cc: rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
Subject: RE: [rabbitmq-discuss] mazy behavior of rabbitmq-c in same ip case

Hi Michael,

The outcome of openssl tool is different in different scenarios, when I assign the the client dynamic ip the outcome of : "openssl s_client -host ms501.xxxxx.com -port 5671 -quiet -state"  is as follows

SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
SSL_connect:unknown state
SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server hello A
depth=1 CN = xxxxxxxx
verify error:num=19:self signed certificate in certificate chain
verify return:0
SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server certificate A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server certificate request A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server done A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 write client certificate A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 write client key exchange A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 write change cipher spec A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 write finished A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 flush data
SSL3 alert read:fatal:handshake failure
SSL_connect:failed in SSLv3 read finished A
3074099400:error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure:s3_pkt.c:1260:SSL alert number 40
3074099400:error:140790E5:SSL routines:SSL23_WRITE:ssl handshake failure:s23_lib.c:177:

And when I assigned static ip the outcome of openssl tool  for the command :"openssl s_client -host ms501.xxxxx.com -port 5671 -quiet -state" is as:

gethostbyname failure
connect : errno=11

In both cases communication happens as expected. But the issue comes when I use the single static ip for two consumers.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,
Rohit