[rabbitmq-discuss] SocketException when invoking model.BasicPublish

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Jun 19 04:05:57 BST 2014

 On 19 June 2014 at 07:02:17, Scott McFadden (scott.kendall.mcfadden at gmail.com) wrote:
> > It makes me think I screwed up the server side configuration
> when reinstalling.

There is no configuration that can affect framing/frame interleaving in the client.
This is also the kind of issues that we'd see reported constantly if it was a client
issue. Finally, it happens on a brand new connection.

I'd recommend doing two things:

 * Running a tracer proxy in front of RabbitMQ [1] to see what's being sent on the wire
 * Open a connection on app start if you can instead of opening a new one per channel

If the latter does not change anything, please post the output of the tracer.

1. http://www.rabbitmq.com/java-tools.html, see Tracer
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ