[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang: shared direct connection

Sun Jun 15 19:12:12 BST 2014

Hi everybody,
I have a bunch of erlang processes (in RMQ plugin) and lot of them (tens) uses direct connection to RMQ. Now I want to consider single shared direct connection (in a dedicated gen_server) with many channels for individual processes. According to list of AMQP errors on connection level I would say very few of them can happen using direct erlang connection (if any). This way I would not need to handle connecting and handling connection fails again and again.
Is it a reasonable way or should i stay with many individual direct connections? Thanks for help.

regards
Marek