[rabbitmq-discuss] High Scalability and High Availability...How to?!!

Paul Holyoake paul.holyoake at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 13 08:40:10 BST 2014

I've recently had a similar HA and scalability requirement. I couldn't find
a perfect answer. I achieved HA through a network loadbalancer across a
pair of clustered RabbitMQ nodes, with mirrored queues. If the NLB fails to
connect on port 5672 of the primary it failsover to the secondary node. All
queue data is available on this node due to the queue mirroring.

In order to achieve scalability my assumption is to logically partition the
data messages and have over clusters to meet that requirement.

Would the NLB in round robin mode be viable and have the nodes effectively
active/active?