[rabbitmq-discuss] Process for updating RabbitMQ Version 3.0.1 and 3.1.1 to 3.3.x?

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Jun 11 22:11:25 BST 2014

 On 12 June 2014 at 01:07:33, Phill Pafford (phillpafford at gmail.com) wrote:
> > I'm not sure if I downloaded the package and installed manually
> or with apt-get (Running Ubuntu).

You can find it out by running

sudo dpkg -s rabbitmq-server

> Is there documentation on this upgrade process?

With apt, you just install the upgrade. With the tarball version, if you
did not override RabbitMQ database location and such [1], you should be able
to just stop the service and start the new version.

In both cases, the database will be irreversibly upgraded, so back it up
just in case (requires the node to be stopped).

If you need to upgrade a cluster, see [2].

1. http://www.rabbitmq.com/relocate.html
2. https://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html#upgrading
--
MK