[rabbitmq-discuss] New to Rabbit in C#

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Jun 11 00:22:28 BST 2014

 On 11 June 2014 at 03:20:03, Andre (andretodd at verizon.net) wrote:

> I'm new to RabbitMQ and trying to write to a Queue and verify the
> message was sent. If it fails I need to know about it. I made a fake
> queue to watch it fail but no matter what I see no exceptions and
> when I am looking for a ack I always get one. I never see the BasicNack.

You will get a nack if an internal error occurs, so it's not very easy to trigger
(but possible via rabbitmqctl eval). Publisher confirms is indeed the feature you want.

And to avoid messages being published successfully but routed nowhere, publish
them as mandatory. A mandatory message that cannot be routed anywhere will be
returned to the sender.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ