[rabbitmq-discuss] Would like to start merging .NET client for WinRT (Windows 8 Store App) with mainline code

Nathan Brown nathan at nkbrown.us
Mon Jun 9 21:40:08 BST 2014

Hello all,

I was involved with the obsoleting of all .NET 1.1 pre-generic collection
code (bug25552).  This was a pre-requisite for supporting the WinRT version
of the .NET framework as the non-generic collections had disappeared.

I have implemented most of the changes necessary for the RabbitMQ .NET
client to run in a Windows 8.x store app.  I have also been using my
changes in production for a year now now.  I just re-based the changes
forward to the most recent stable version and would like to contribute them
to the mainline code.

There are a couple issues that still need to be worked through:

   - Can the CI build be on a Windows 8/Server 2012 machine? Or is the
   build going to have to be ran separately just for this DLL?
   - How is the NuGet package going to be updated?
   - I haven't tested SSL.
   - The unit tests are currently partially ported to MSTest, but this is
   primarily because of reading WinRT configuration data doesn't work on the
   desktop, I think I should drop that entirely
   (Protocols.FromConfiguration(string)).

You can preview the changes here:
https://bitbucket.org/nathanbrown/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/branch/WinStore
<https://bitbucket.org/nathanbrown/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/branch/WinStore?head=dfab23238460732fd5afb9fd473f91babe55dbb5>

If someone open an issue and give me the bug number, I can move my changes
to a branch with that name.

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Thanks,
Nathan Brown