[rabbitmq-discuss] RMQ stuck in startup

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 4 12:20:28 BST 2014

On 03/06/14 17:53, EDDY James wrote:
> Status of node rabbit at node2 ...
> Error: {{case_clause,starting},
>          [{rabbit_vm,mnesia_memory,0,[]},
>           {rabbit_vm,memory,0,[]},
>           {rabbit,status,0,[]},
>           {rpc,'-handle_call_call/6-fun-0-',5,[{file,"rpc.erl"},{line,205}]}]}

So it looks like "rabbitmqctl status" doesn't correctly handle being
invoked while Mnesia is starting (or stopping). This will be fixed in
the next release.

> node2 will stay in this state indefinitely. Has anyone seen anything
> like this before? Any ideas what might cause this, or where to further
> investigate (like epmd? mnesia init issue? etc)?

It's definitely Mnesia hanging on startup; more than that I don't know.

* Is there anything interesting in the node2 logs?
* Can you try upgrading Erlang?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen